An ergonomic office chair is an underrated productivity boosting equipment.
Choosing the right ergonomic chair for your office isn’t complicated at all. You only need to have a few things in mind and you’re good to go.
Let’s be honest, it isn’t easy spending all those long hours at work. Especially for people whose position requires them to sit down for long hours.
The problem with this kind of lifestyle is that some bad postural habits start creeping in; poor posture like hunching, and leaning forward or slouching can throw your spine out of alignment.
These poor postural habits can cause back pain or worsen an existing pain condition. This is why it is profitable to invest in quality office chairs like the ergonomic chairs. Ergonomic chairs have a track record of helping to improve productivity and lower back health.
Choose the right ergonomic office chair for Low Back Pain
A good ergonomic chair for lower back pain must have all the features listed below.
- Lumbar Support: This is our first feature on the list because it is a vital feature for lower back pain problems. A good ergonomic chair must provide lumbar support so you can sit comfortably without leaning or slouching forward. This low back support is essential in minimizing the strain on your back. The lumbar support systems must offer the ability to customize and control the position and firmness to your body.
- Adjustable Height: When using a quality ergonomic chair, there is a form that your posture must follow. Your feet must be able to sit firmly planted on the floor with the thighs parallel to the ground and the forearms parallel to your desk. This form is particularly important because if the height is too low, it may cause your hip joints to have an extreme level of flexion thereby causing low back pain. If the height is too high, it might force you to scoot forward and can bring about the symptoms of work-related musculoskeletal disorders (MSD).
- Reclining Ability: Your chair must have the ability to recline back and forth so you can reach your desk without having to strain yourself. The ability to recline can also reduce the pressure on your spine.
- Adjustable Depth: Seat pan depth has a way of affecting your sitting position which has a direct effect on your pelvic position and therefore the low back posture. A good ergonomic chair helps you achieve a neutral, upright pelvic position. This position helps support your posture and thereby avoid back pain.
- Armrests: This supports your upper torso and helps limit the strain/tension in the neck and shoulder areas when working. When an armrest is not present in a chair, it encourages the user to slump forward and put the body weight on the desk. The bad thing is that this position puts pressure on the spine and therefore cause back pain or tension in the back.
The Best Ergonomic Chairs of 2019
1. Executive Recline Extra Padded Office Chair by Cherry Tree Furniture
This is not just an ergonomic chair that will help with your postural issues, it also has a “massage” option. It has six multi-function massage options that will make your day even better.
Of course, the massage option can’t be used all day long but for the 15-20 minutes that you use it twice a day, you will feel much better.
You can have upper back, lower back and thighs/bottom massages. If you have the opportunity of procuring your own office chair, an ergonomic chair shouldn’t be far from your list. This ergonomic chair comes in black, cream, grey fabric and brown.
- Comfortable leather upholstery
- Soft padding for greater comfort
- 6-Point multi-function vibration massage (upper back, lower back and thighs/bottom)
- Recline function
- Casters with 360-degree swivel capability
What makes this chair special is that it is built similar to a sports car seat.
It features a flexible and resistant sponge armrest to preserve your forearms during prolonged working hours and provides you with the capability of sitting in a comfortable chair.
This chair is made with thick and high-density foam for comfortable sitting, and the foam doesn’t deform over time.
Most teenagers use this chair for gaming but customer reviews have suggested that older people can use it due to the comfort that it provides as well as the sturdy design.
- PU leather upholstery
- Soft armrest padding and lumbar support
- Thick and high density for comfortable sitting
- 360-degree swivel capability
- Recliner function
- Ergonomic sports car seat design
This ergonomic chair is a perfect office chair. Its cool style will fit in any office and also provide the necessary comfort for the user.
In addition, it features adjustable lumbar support, padded seat and armrest for added support and comfort. Furthermore, it also offers tilting mechanisms which allow you to find your perfect working position.
The chair also features an aluminium sturdy design that makes it quite durable for use. The seat is well padded with soft cushion, adding further comfort for long sitting hours without the material collapsing.
- Ergonomic Design
- Adjustable seats and lumbar support
- Adjustable armrest and headrest
- Aluminium Alloy base
- Reclining and lock function
- Well ventilated and comfortable cushion
If you are looking for an affordable chair that offers you more value for your money, this one is the ergonomic chair for you.
This ergonomic chair has adjustable height, armrests, headrest and lumbar support. It improves posture your which allows you to keep your spine well supported and aligned.
The back tilt mechanism allows the chair to adapt to any body size and height-adjustable armrest that aids better posture and reduce back and neck pain.
In addition, the mesh backrest and headrest allows increased airflow to keep you sweat-free and comfortable while sitting for long periods.
- Contoured backrest and lumbar support
- Pneumatic class 3 gas spring (SGS certified and BIFMA standards)
- Tilt mechanism
- Breathable mesh fabric
- 360° swivel and shockproof casters
Ergonomic design is very important for comfort and relieving aches, now imagine the kind of comfort you will be getting with a chair designed specifically for its ergonomic functionality.